You wish to exercise this profession which you are passionate about and you are wondering how to do this? Let’s see the different milestones to borrow.
The nursing profession is not subjected to the effects harmful not the crisis. The job of nurse is particularly rich from a technical point of view, or relational. And the exercise of the acts of the nurse is extremely varied. This healthcare professional provides care, comfort, hygiene, preventive, educational… The nurse must support the whole person. He works as a team. Different places for the exercise of the activity are possible, either in the hospital sector, public or private, in extra hospital, school, liberal, business or humanitarian.
Centres that provide training in nursing.
What are the IFSI (Training Institutes in Nursing Care). There are many in France, near 218 on the territory, and therefore necessarily one near you.
The conditions to pass the entrance exam
- To be at least 17 years of age on December 31 of the year in the course of the selection tests.
- May be the persons who hold the Bachelor’s degree, or students who are going to spend the year of the competition; the admission will be after Graduation. They may also take the persons holders of the DAEU (Diploma of Access to University Studies).
- Non-high school graduates may also, under certain conditions, obtain an equivalence after validation of their experiences in the health care environment and present themselves to the contest, as well as the auxiliaries or auxiliaries of child care having worked three years in the paramedical sector.
The duration and organization of the lessons
The training takes place over three years, on the basis of lectures, tutorials implementation in a professional situation and training courses.
The teaching program of nursing is on 2100 hours of IFSI, and as much in a professional environment (not to mention the personal time of work estimated at 900 hours).
Internships are mandatory, and on land different professionals :
- acute care (surgery)
- mental health (psychiatry)
- in long-term care and rehabilitation (elderly and rehabilitation centres)
- care individual or group on the places of life (day-care centres or home care)
The reference tool for the student will be the portfolio, a learning tool that will take account of the evaluation and the progress of the skills as of her course. This portfolio will be filled in collaboration with a tutor, and his tutor of course.
The conditions for obtaining a Diploma of nursing
At the end of these three years of study, the student will be required to support before a jury, a TFE (work of end of studies). The TFE consists of a writing of 15 to 20 pages on a topic related to the profession chosen by the student, in agreement with the teaching team.
The Degree is obtained by the acquisition of 180 european credits. The Diploma obtained at the end of the course the State Diploma Nurse, which depends on the Ministry of Health. Since 2009, the three years are recognized as equivalent to a license (Bac +3).