What are the abnormal vital signs?
Some of the signs and symptoms of increased intracranial pressure include:
- A widening pulse pressure.
- Decreased level of consciousness.
- A headache.
- Decorticate or decerebrate posturing.
- Dilated and sluggish pupils.
- Neurological sensory and motor losses.
What vital signs should be reported immediately?
Sepsis early warning signs (these changes need to be reported immediately):
- Temperature higher than 100.4° F or lower than 96.8° F.
- Heart rate greater than 90 beats per minute.
- Respirations greater than 20 breaths per minute.
How do you note depth of respiration?
The more the chest cavity expands, the greater the depth of the ventilation. Full expansion of the chest wall with full relaxation on exhalation is a good indicator of adequate depth of breathing and adequate tidal volume. Many books will try and apply numbers in milliliters per breath to calculate tidal volume.
How do you examine a newborn?
How is the newborn physical examination done?
- look into your baby’s eyes with a special torch to check how their eyes look and move.
- listen to your baby’s heart to check their heart sounds.
- examine their hips to check the joints.
- examine baby boys to see if their testicles have descended into the scrotum.
What is a normal BP for a 14 year old?
Normal blood pressure—systolic < 120 mmHg and diastolic < 80 mm Hg. Pre-hypertension—systolic 120-139 mmHg or diastolic 80-89 mmHg.
What causes low blood pressure in teenage girl?
Standing for a long time. Not drinking enough fluids (dehydration). Medicines, such as high blood pressure medicine or other heart medicines. Health problems such as thyroid disease, severe infection, bleeding in the intestines, or heart problems.
What causes high blood pressure in teenage girl?
This might be heart disease or kidney disease. Diet. Salt, foods with high salt content (such as packaged meats), alcohol, drinks with caffeine (such as coffee and soda) can all raise blood pressure.
What are 3 things to focus to help reduce hypertension?
Here are 10 lifestyle changes you can make to lower your blood pressure and keep it down.
- Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Reduce sodium in your diet.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Quit smoking.
- Cut back on caffeine.
- Reduce your stress.
Can anxiety lead to high blood pressure?
Anxiety doesn’t cause long-term high blood pressure (hypertension). But episodes of anxiety can cause dramatic, temporary spikes in your blood pressure.