Friends travelers, this information can greatly be of interest to you. Especially if you are often subject to what is called the diarrhoea of the traveler. Being myself a traveller and have done a lot of country, I way force them to relay this information ! Even though, personally, I’ve never had a problem of digestion or company, either by eating in a restaurant mytheux at the end of Nepal as eating in the streets of Vietnam. And I drink mostly only water in the bottle, but come back to what I want to talk to you.
Researchers from the great University of Cambridge, who doubt, love to travel, come to develop a vaccine targeting one of the main bacteria that you can catch from drinking water unfit or contaminated food, such as the 10 million passengers each year who do not pay attention.
The vaccine targets the bacterium enterotoxigenic Escherichia Coli , but also salmonella is typhoid. This will prevent cramping, dehydration associated, this desire frantic to go to the toilet and dripping in sweat because we do not see any toilet around us, leaving utter a cry of despair when, finally found, there’s no more toilet paper. It will be presented in the form of a powder to be very stable without having a conservation fee.
Go, but travelers, don’t worry about so more ! The vaccine in order to avoid going to the toilet on holiday has finally arrived ! (Not suitable for nursing students under stress from an exam the next day)
Tip for the nice nurse to avoid any problem
- As in everyday life (I hope), wash your hands before a meal and after you go to the toilet.
- Don’t drink the tap water, and preferred the bottled water (check the integrity at the level of the cap). If no mineral water available, it is also possible to boil the water for 20 minutes. Also, if you have vegetables to prepare, wash them in boiled water.
- Necessarily, do not use ice.
- Avoid raw vegetables, peel your fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid raw fish and raw meat.
- Look for crustaceans and shellfish.
- Attention to the ice, and unpasteurized dairy products.
- If so, you have the right to eat.
Well, I’m going to confess something, me personally, on the food I eat in bouibouis that it is better to not look at the hygiene in the kitchen and I never catch anything. Don’t fall into a psychosis not more… After that you should also know that diarrhea is not necessarily of infectious origin but may have an origin of “acclimatization” related to the change in eating habits or change of climate.
In case of diarrhea, just pay attention to the other clinical signs (sweating, presence of blood in the stool) which deserves, therefore, a medical care because that can be more serious.