Is Lakeland a safe city?
Msn.com recently rated us the #6 safest place to live in the US. Lakeland had 13,312 property crimes reported in 2017, according to FBI data, which makes the property crime rate for the metro area just 1,960.1 per 100,000 people.
How is the crime in Lakeland Florida?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Lakeland is 1 in 31. Based on FBI crime data, Lakeland is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Florida, Lakeland has a crime rate that is higher than 79% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Where should I live in Lakeland?
- Beacon Hill. Neighborhood in Lakeland, FL.
- Lake Hollingsworth. Neighborhood in Lakeland, FL.
- Cumberland. Neighborhood in Lakeland, FL.
- Lakeland Highlands. Suburb of Lakeland, FL.
- Lake Horney. Neighborhood in Lakeland, FL.
- Dixieland. Neighborhood in Lakeland, FL.
- Crystal Lake. Neighborhood in Lakeland, FL.
- Highland City.
How dangerous is Polk County Florida?
Polk City has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Polk City is 1 in 76.
What is the safest city in Polk County Florida?
Marco Island was ranked first in the state for safety, with Parkland, Weston, Winter Springs, and North Palm Beach in the top five. Other Polk County towns on the list are: 67 — Lake Wales.
Does Polk County have a high crime rate?
For the most part, Polk County is a comparably safe place to live. Violent crime rates are lower than the national average in some cities, however they are higher than most neighboring cities.
What’s the crime rate in Polk County Florida?
Crime in Florida – Polk County
|Total Index Offenses||14,407||13,787|
How far is Lakeland FL to Tampa FL?
What Indian tribes lived in Lakeland Florida?
The first inhabitants of Lakeland, Florida were the Tocobago, Timucua, and Calusa Indian tribes, who first settled in the Florida peninsula near the end of the last ice age, some 12,000 years ago.
Is Lakeland Florida safe from hurricane?
Lakeland, FL is in a very low risk hurricane zone. 72 hurricanes have been recorded in the Lakeland, FL since 1930.
Whats the worst part of Florida?
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Florida in 2019
- Lake Worth.
- Riviera Beach.
- Pembroke Park.
- Panama City Beach.
- Daytona Beach.
- Opa Locka.
- Lake City. It may sound bucolic enough, but Lake City is about as far from the pastoral ideal as you could imagine.
Where do rich live in Florida?
Detailed List Of The Richest Cities In Florida
Where is the best place to buy a home in Florida?
Detailed List Of The Best Places To Buy A Home In Florida
|City||Rank||Home Price Increase|
What is the best beach town in Florida to live?
Siesta Key is truly one of the best beach towns to live or retire to in Florida.
What is the cheapest county to live in Florida?
2021 Counties with the Lowest Cost of Living in Florida
- Lafayette County. County in Florida. Rating 4 out of 5 1 review.
- Dixie County. County in Florida. Rating 5 out of 5 1 review.
- Calhoun County. County in Florida.
- Hamilton County. County in Florida.
- Liberty County. County in Florida.
- Taylor County. County in Florida.
- Holmes County. County in Florida.
- Glades County. County in Florida.
Why are homes so cheap in Florida?
Florida has a lot of land, has low wages, and maintains a lower cost of living than in other places but from a local perspective, home prices are very high and the property taxes reflect this. One of the factors that occurred is that the tax rate on homes in some cases doubled or tripled.