Which is an appropriate step of scientific inquiry that the student should complete?
Question, hypothesize, experiment, collect data, conclude, communicate.
Which statement best describes a typical difference that could be found between the analysis and conclusion sections of a lab report?
Only the Conclusion section discusses whether the original hypothesis was supported, and both sections suggest further research. The analysis section reports the results that were found by conducting the experiment.
Which statement best describes a typical difference that could be found between the analysis and conclusion sections of a lab report only the conclusion section describes errors that occurred during the experiment and only the analysis section suggests further research only the analysis section includes specific?
Answer: “Only the “Conclusion” section describes errors that occurred during the experiment, and only the “Analysis” section suggests further research” is the statement that best describes a typical difference that could be found between the “Analysis” and “Conclusion” sections of a lab report.
What should be included in conclusion?
- Topic sentence. Fresh rephrasing of thesis statement.
- Supporting sentences. Summarize or wrap up the main points in the body of the essay. Explain how ideas fit together.
- Closing sentence. Final words. Connects back to the introduction. Provides a sense of closure.
How do you write a discussion and results section?
Tips to Write the Discussion Section
- Highlight the significance of your findings.
- Mention how the study will fill the gap of knowledge.
- Indicate the implication of your research.
- Avoid generalizing, misinterpreting your results, drawing a conclusion with no supportive findings from your results.
What do you write in a discussion?
Discussing whether the results met your expectations or supported your hypotheses. Contextualizing your findings within previous research and theory. Explaining unexpected results and evaluating their significance. Considering possible alternative explanations and making an argument for your position.
How do you introduce a results section?
In the opening paragraph of this section, restate your research questions or aims to focus the reader’s attention to what the results are trying to show. It is also a good idea to summarize key findings at the end of this section to create a logical transition to the interpretation and discussion that follows.
Why is it important to participate effectively in a group discussion?
It improves your thinking, listening and speaking skills. It also promotes your confidence level. It is an effective tool in problem solving, decision making and personality assessment. GD skills may ensure academic success, popularity and good admission or job offer.
What are the disadvantages of discussion method?
discussion method is not appropriate for all the topics. it can be used only to students who have some basic knowledge in the topic. some of the students may feel shy or reluctant to take part while others may try to domonate. teacher may lose control over the students and they may end up in quarelling.
How can you encourage productive discussions in the classroom?
Starting a discussion
- Refer to questions you distributed.
- Make a list of key points.
- Use a partner activity.
- Use a brainstorming activity.
- Pose an opening question and give students a few minutes to record an answer.
- Divide students into small groups to discuss a specific question or issue.
How do you deal with learners who have not finished their work?
Here Are 10 Ways To Deal With A Student Who Won’t Engage
- Meet With The Student. Have an informal discussion about what is going on for them.
- Address Behaviour Privately.
- Phone The Parents.
- Build A Relationship With The Student.
- Ask Other Teachers.
- Stop Doing The Things That Don’t Work.
- Use An Individualised Behaviour Contract.
- Give The Student A Leadership Role In The Class.
What does a good discussion look like?
Identify the main ideas being discussed. Evaluate what is being said. Think about how it relates to the main idea/ theme of the tutorial discussion. Listen with an open mind and be receptive to new ideas and points of view.
How you provide effective descriptive feedback to your students?
20 Ways to Provide Effective Feedback
- Feedback should be educative in nature.
- Feedback should be given in a timely manner.
- Be sensitive to the individual needs of the student.
- Ask the 4 questions.
- Feedback should reference a skill or specific knowledge.
- Give feedback to keep students ‘on target’ for achievement.
- Host a one-on-one conference.
Is the endocrine system a slow or fast response system?
The nervous system is one of motor control; the endocrine system controls through chemicals. The nervous system is very fast-acting; when you sense a stimulus, it does not take you very long at all to react. The reaction is quick and short-lived. The endocrine system, however, responds much more slowly.
How quickly does the signal travel in the endocrine system?
In the nervous system, signals travel very quickly, leading to instantaneous responses. However, within the endocrine system, signals move slowly but last longer.
What are the similarities and differences between the nervous and endocrine systems?
The nervous system can respond quickly to stimuli, through the use of action potentials and neurotransmitters. Responses to nervous system stimulation are typically quick but short lived. The endocrine system responds to stimulation by secreting hormones into the circulatory system that travel to the target tissue.