Which drugs are contraindicated in heart failure?
Heart failure medicine dos and don’ts: What to avoid
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).
- Cold and cough medicines with pseudoephedrine or phenylephrine.
- Alka-Seltzer® – this has too much sodium (salt).
- Calcium channel blockers such as diltiazem (Cardizem) or verapamil (Calan, Verelan).
- Before you take any medicine, herb, or supplement, call your doctor.
What is the first step of the nursing process when working with patients receiving drug therapy?
It is a flexible, adaptable, and adjustable five-step process consisting of assessment, nursing diagnoses, planning (including establishment of goals and outcome criteria), implementation (including patient education), and evaluation.
What are the side effects of morphine?
Common side effects may include:
- drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness;
- constipation, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting;
- sweating; or.
- feelings of extreme happiness or sadness.
Which elements of the medication prescription will the nurse specifically check?
Once the detailed drug assessment is completed, the nurse checks seven elements of the medication prescription: name of the patient, date the prescription was written, drug name(s), drug dose, dosage frequency, route of administration, and prescriber’s signature.
Which aspect of drug therapy indicates to the nurse whether a drug is having a beneficial effect?
Which aspect of drug therapy indicates to the nurse whether a drug is having a beneficial effect? Evaluation is one of the most important aspects of drug therapy, because it tells the nurse whether a drug is having its intended effect.
How can a nurse be confident as a student?
3 Things Nursing Students Can Do to Build Confidence
- Surround yourself with positivity. Try to add positive people and eliminate the negative people from your life.
- Compliment others. You’ll benefit from complimenting others and staying positive.
- Work on your weaknesses.