What was one of the ways that people of ancient times classified plants and animals?
What was one of the ways that people of ancient times classified plants and animals? by use. using a dichotomous key. using genetic analysis.
Which of the following are characteristics of all living things check all that apply quizlet?
- All living things are made of cells.
- All living things reproduce.
- All living things grow and develop.
- Living things use energy for maintenance and growth.
- Dependent on their environment for life.
- Living things respond to stimuli in their environment Adaptation.
- All living things organize cells at different levels.
Are all living things unicellular?
All living things are made up of one or more cells. Organisms that exist as single cells are called unicellular. And organisms that are made up of groups of cells working together are called multicellular.
Which organisms are capable of surviving as a single cell?
5. L. 1.1Explains why some organisms are capable of surviving as a single cell while others require many cells that are specialized to survive. This foldable includes bacteria, amoeba, euglena, paramecium.
Do all organisms have brains?
Almost all animals have a brain, but there are a few exceptions. There is one organism that has no brain or nervous tissue of any kind: the sponge. Sponges are simple animals, surviving on the sea floor by taking nutrients into their porous bodies.
Can a fish feel pain?
“Fish do feel pain. It’s likely different from what humans feel, but it is still a kind of pain.” At the anatomical level, fish have neurons known as nociceptors, which detect potential harm, such as high temperatures, intense pressure, and caustic chemicals.
Is it illegal to flush a fish down the toilet?
FLUSH DOWN THE TOILET: ILLEGAL!!!! NEVER FLUSH ANY FISH, DEAD OR ALIVE, DOWN THE TOILET! THE UNITED STATES HAS STRICT RULES REGARDING THE INTRODUCTION OF ANY NON NATIVE FISH (DEAD OR ALIVE) INTO THE WATERWAYS. A FISH CAN SUFFER FOR DAYS IN THE COLD WATER OF THE SEWER, PROLONGING ITS DEMISE.