What should I study for Nclex-PN?
- Focus on critical thinking strategies.
- Analyze why an answer is incorrect.
- Simulate the examination experience.
- Limit the number of practice tests and instead focus on weaknesses.
- Take the night off.
What medications should I know for Nclex?
Medications have the ability to heal and to harm. Studying them is a vital part of practicing safe nursing, and of passing the NCLEX….Here’s a list of the classifications you’ll need to learn:
- Anti Allergy drugs.
- Anti Alzheimer’s.
What is normal platelet?
A normal platelet count ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood.
What are the signs of low platelets?
- Easy or excessive bruising (purpura)
- Superficial bleeding into the skin that appears as a rash of pinpoint-sized reddish-purple spots (petechiae), usually on the lower legs.
- Prolonged bleeding from cuts.
- Bleeding from your gums or nose.
- Blood in urine or stools.
- Unusually heavy menstrual flows.
- Enlarged spleen.
Can you have a reaction to platelets?
Allergic and anaphylactic reactions occur after platelet transfusions with similar frequency as FNHTRs. The risk of allergic reactions is between 0.09 and 21% in patients who receive platelet transfusions . Allergic reactions are highly variable in severity.
Why do platelets drop?
Thrombocytopenia has many causes. One of the most common causes of low platelets is a condition called immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). You may hear it called by its old name, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
Is a platelet count of 120 low?
A normal platelet count in adults ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood. A platelet count of less than 150,000 platelets per microliter is lower than normal. If your blood platelet count falls below normal, you have thrombocytopenia.
Can low platelets make you tired?
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) definition and facts. Symptoms and signs of thrombocytopenia may include fatigue, bleeding, and others.
What are side effects of low platelets?
What are the signs of a low platelet count?
- More bruises, or worse bruises, than usual.
- Small purple or red dots under your skin.
- Nosebleeds or bleeding gums.
- Black or bloody-looking bowel movements.
- Red or pink urine.
- Vomit with blood in it.
- An unusually heavy menstrual period.
- Severe headaches.