What is the number 1 injury among healthcare workers?
Sprains and strains
What are the top 5 causes of injuries to hospital workers?
Common Injuries that Affect Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals
- Back injuries. Due to the demanding physical nature of most healthcare jobs, back injuries are estimated to total $7 billion per year.
- Overexertion. Repetitive stress causes serious injuries.
- Needle sticks.
- Head Injuries.
What injury is most common for people in caring professions?
The injuries that are most frequently seen in healthcare employees include sprains and strains, slipped discs, bloodborne infectious diseases, infections, and broken bones.
What is the most common type of injury?
The seven most common sports injuries are:
- Ankle sprain.
- Groin pull.
- Hamstring strain.
- Shin splints.
- Knee injury: ACL tear.
- Knee injury: Patellofemoral syndrome — injury resulting from the repetitive movement of your kneecap against your thigh bone.
- Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)
What is the best way to prevent RMIs?
Here are suggestions to prevent RMIs:
- Don’t raise your arms when working above shoulder level.
- Use a stool or stepladder when needed to prevent awkward reaching.
- Keep your work within easy reach. This helps prevent you from stretching or twisting your arms and shoulders.
What is the average rate of on the job illnesses and injuries for nurses?
In 2016, RNs in the private industry experienced an estimated 19,790 days-away-from-work injury and illness cases. These cases occurred at an incidence rate of 104.2 cases per 10,000 full-time workers—significantly greater than the rate for all occupations (91.7 cases per 10,000 workers).
How many workers have died in 2019?
What industry has the highest fatality rate?
In 2019, the industry sector experiencing the largest number of preventable fatal injuries was construction, followed by transportation and warehousing. The industry sector experiencing the highest fatality rates per 100,000 workers was agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, followed by mining.
Which age group is injured at work most often?
Based on age-specific ratios of work injury to em- ployment, work-injury rates apparently would be highest for workers age 20-24 and lowest for those age 65 and over.