What is the most treatable psychological disorder?
Anxiety disorder is the most treatable of all mental illnesses. Anxiety disorder produces unrealistic fears, excessive worry, flashbacks from past trauma leading to easy startling, changes in sleep patterns, intense tension and ritualistic behavior.
Can you fully recover from mental illness?
With early diagnosis and treatment, many people fully recover from their mental illness or can manage their symptoms. Although some people become disabled because of a chronic or severe mental illness, many others are able to live full and productive lives.
What are the main types of physiological diseases?
A List of Psychological Disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders. MoMo Productions / Getty Images.
- Bipolar and Related Disorders. JGI/Jamie Grill / Getty Images.
- Anxiety Disorders. PhotoAlto/Ale Ventura / Getty Images.
- Stress-Related Disorders. Jamie Grill / Getty Images.
- Dissociative Disorders.
- Somatic Symptom Disorders.
- Eating Disorders.
- Sleep Disorders.
What causes physiological disease?
Physiological disorders can be caused by several abiotic factors such as frost (Fig. 8.1), high temperatures, low soil pH, phytotoxicity caused by agricultural chemicals (Fig. 8.2), “melanosis” (Fig. 8.3), as well as nutritional imbalance.
What is physiological condition example?
A physiological disorder is a condition in which the organs in the body malfunction causes illness. Examples are Asthma, Glaucoma, Diabetes.
What do you mean by physiological disorder?
A physiological disorder is an illness that interferes with the way that the functions of the. body are carried out. Examples are: Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, leukemia, coronary heart. disease, any form of cancer.
What are the main causes of psychological disorders?
The causes of psychological disorders are not known, but a number of factors are thought to influence their development. These factors include chemical imbalances in the brain, childhood experiences, heredity, illnesses, prenatal exposures, and stress.
What is hereditary disease?
It is a disease or disorder that is inherited genetically. Hereditary Diseases are passed on from one generation to another through defective genes. These diseases are transmitted in the same family. The chromosomes in the humans are responsible for passing the traits from the parent to the offspring.
What are two main causes of disease?
Infectious diseases can be caused by:
- Bacteria. These one-cell organisms are responsible for illnesses such as strep throat, urinary tract infections and tuberculosis.
- Viruses. Even smaller than bacteria, viruses cause a multitude of diseases ranging from the common cold to AIDS.
How can we prevent infection and disease?
Preventing the Spread of Infectious Diseases
- Wash your hands often.
- Get vaccinated.
- Use antibiotics sensibly.
- Stay at home if you have signs and symptoms of an infection.
- Be smart about food preparation.
- Disinfect the ‘hot zones’ in your residence.
- Practice safer sex.
- Don’t share personal items.
Why do diseases occur?
Infection occurs when viruses, bacteria, or other microbes enter your body and begin to multiply. Disease, which typically happens in a small proportion of infected people, occurs when the cells in your body are damaged as a result of infection, and signs and symptoms of an illness appear.