What is the main difference between Medline and Cinahl?
Because the CINAHL database was developed especially for the nursing literature, the subject headings used by CINAHL are more focused on nursing topics than MEDLINE, and CINAHL is more responsive to adding new nursing concepts.
What is Cinahl and Medline?
CINAHL is the Cumulative Index of Nursing & Allied Health Literature. • CINAHL indexes most English language journals in Nursing, Midwifery, Radiography and Rehabilitation. Accessing Medline or CINAHL. There are 2 ways to access the databases from the library’s webpage.
Is PsycINFO a database?
APA PsycInfo is an abstracts database that provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. (The database also includes records from the 1600s and 1700s.)
Who owns PsycInfo?
the American Psychological Association
What does DE stand for in PsycInfo?
The DE stands for Descriptors, and descriptors are specific subject terms created by the American Psychological Association indexers to control how subjects can be searched. The object is to make searches precise.
How do you use PsycInfo?
Searching with Keywords
- Start by typing your word(s) or phrase(s) into the search box.
- You can choose how PsycINFO will search for your term(s).
- Type in your keywords with your preferred search field option and click the Search button:
- Your search line will then be listed in the Search History:
How do you conduct a literature search in psychology?
How to conduct a literature search – top tips
- Develop a clear research question. Be clear on your topic.
- Mindmap your research topic. Consider your topic and draw out the key themes.
- Develop keywords.
- Consider other subject areas.
- Consider appropriate databases.
- Start broad.
- Use search operators.
- Use limiters.
How do you conduct a literature search?
- Choose a topic. Define your research question.
- Decide on the scope of your review. How many studies do you need to look at?
- Select the databases you will use to conduct your searches. Make a list of the databases you will search.
- Conduct your searches and find the literature.
- Review the literature.
How do you write an introduction to psychology?
Before you begin:
- Start Your Psychology Paper Introduction by Researching Your Topic.
- Create a Detailed Outline.
- Introduce the Topic.
- Summarize Previous Research.
- Provide Your Hypothesis.
- Tips for Writing Your Psychology Paper Intro.
What must a literature review contain?
Just like most academic papers, literature reviews also must contain at least three basic elements: an introduction or background information section; the body of the review containing the discussion of sources; and, finally, a conclusion and/or recommendations section to end the paper.
How do you start an introduction for a literature review?
The introduction should include a clear statement of the topic and its parameters. You should indicate why the research area is important, interesting, problematic or relevant in some way. The literature review is an important part of a dissertation or thesis. It should be thorough and accurate.