What do nursing home patients need?
50 Gift Ideas for Nursing Home Residents
- Games and Fun. Jig-saw puzzles. Board games. Puzzle books.
- Toiletries. Lip Balm (with seasonal flavors) Lotion. Scented Soap.
- Writing + Art Supplies. Stationary. Envelopes. Blank Cards.
- Decor. Attractive Blankets. Fleece Throws. Framed Photos.
- Clothing. Bathrobe. Nightgown. Slippers.
- Showing Love. Stuffed animals. Seasonal Bouquets.
How long does it take to move into assisted living?
between three and six months
How do I prepare for assisted living?
Getting Prepared: Before the Move
- Choose the right community.
- Research assisted living costs.
- After choosing a community, arrange a time to visit or tour it at least one more time before moving in.
- Pack efficiently and deliberately.
- Make sure all logistical and “housekeeping” items are taken care of.
What should I pack for assisted living?
Assisted Living Checklist: What to Pack
- Sofa, chairs, end tables/nightstand.
- Folding chairs for guests.
- Kitchenware – dishes, glasses, cutlery.
- Bedding- comforter, quilt, throw pillows.
- Keepsakes and knick-knacks.
- Framed photos and artwork.
How do parents get ready for assisted living?
6 Essential Steps to Take When Your Parents Need Assisted Living
- Determine cost and payment options for senior living.
- Connect with a senior living advisor.
- Have a conversation with your aging parents.
- Visit or virtually tour a senior living community.
- Consult a variety of sources to find the best assisted living community.
What to ask when looking for assisted living facilities?
11 Questions to Ask When Looking For Assisted Living
- Do you have apartments available now?
- What types of apartments do you currently have available?
- What services does my monthly fee include?
- What types of activities and events do you offer?
- Do you offer free transportation, or other transportation alternatives?
- Do you offer on-site health services?
How do you move a parent with dementia to assisted living?
How To Move A Parent With Dementia To Assisted Living
- Start A Conversation Early (depending on the stage of memory loss)
- Choose A Community Specializing In Memory Care.
- Consider Visiting The New Assisted Living Community Together Before Moving Day.
- Schedule The Move For Their “Best Time Of The Day”
- Bring A Simple Collection Of Favorite Things.