What are the non-pharmacological interventions?
Non-pharmacological pain therapy refers to interventions that do not involve the use of medications to treat pain. The goals of non-pharmacological interventions are to decrease fear, distress and anxiety, and to reduce pain and provide patients with a sense of control.
How do you treat chronic pain without medication?
4 Ways To Manage Chronic Pain Without Medication
- Regular exercise: Exercise may be the last thing on your mind when you’re in pain.
- Integrative medicine techniques: These techniques – which include yoga, tai chi and acupuncture – tap into the mind-body connection.
- Stress management: There is a strong connection in the brain between stress and pain.
What is a natural way to get rid of pain?
6 easy and effective home remedies for body pain
- Do cold therapy. When you apply ice on the affected body part, it slows down the nerve impulses in that area thus relieving pain.
- Dip in a warm salt solution.
- Massage with mustard oil.
- Drink ginger tea.
- Drink turmeric and honey milk.
- Drink cherry juice.
What is the most effective natural anti-inflammatory?
Omega-3 fatty acids , which are abundant in fatty fish such as cod, are among the most potent anti-inflammatory supplements. These supplements may help fight several types of inflammation, including vascular inflammation.
What can I take naturally for inflammation?
6 Supplements That Fight Inflammation
- Curcumin. Curcumin is a component of the spice turmeric.
- Fish Oil. Fish oil supplements contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital to good health.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid. Alpha-lipoic acid is a fatty acid made by your body.
What foods fight inflammation?
- olive oil.
- green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards.
- nuts like almonds and walnuts.
- fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines.
- fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges.