What are 3 examples of real reflection?
The rear-view mirror enables the driver to see things behind the car. A microscope uses a mirror to reflect light to the specimen under the microscope. An astronomical reflecting telescope uses a large parabolic mirror to gather dim light from distant stars. A plane mirror is used to reflect the image to the eyepiece.
What is a real life example of reflection?
Common examples include the reflection of light, sound and water waves. The law of reflection says that for specular reflection the angle at which the wave is incident on the surface equals the angle at which it is reflected. Mirrors exhibit specular reflection.
How do you self reflect on yourself?
15 Ways to Practice Self-Reflection
- Identify the Important Questions.
- Do A Writing Exercise.
- Take a Walk In Nature.
- Talk to Yourself Out Loud.
- Perform Breathing Exercises.
How do you write a reflective summary?
Begin the summary with a paragraph that places the learning in context. Discuss your background in the subject and your learning goals. Then introduce the lesson, describing books you’ve read or the activity just completed. End with a thesis statement on whether the lesson was helpful.
How do you start a reflective journal example?
Reflective Journal Topic Examples
- Write about which relationships have the most meaning to you and why.
- Write about what you are learning at school or in college.
- Write about someone in your life who has experienced a positive change and how you can learn from their situation.
What makes good reflective writing?
Academic reflective writing requires critical and analytic thought, a clear line of argument, and the use of evidence through examples of personal experiences and thoughts and often also theoretical literature. You should aim for a balance between personal experience, tone, and academic practice and rigor.
What is summary or reflection?
The process of reflection involves: Learning from experience. Conscious activity. Understanding something that has happened in a different way.
How do you write a learning summary?
Steps to Teaching Summary
- As a class, read a short selection.
- Have students underline the main ideas as they read.
- Once students have their texts marked up, open the discussion of summaries.
- Provide an example.
- Discuss the ideas.
- Focus on 5 main ideas.