The unpaid internship: the universe’s method of mocking those who have finally been offered a summer job. An unpaid position can have unexpected benefits down the road, but it can also be a huge waste of time. If you have to consider taking an internship pro bono, how can you tell the difference?
In this episode, we talk about:
- When to consider an unpaid internship, if at all
- What to do if you can’t afford to take an unpaid internship
- How, when, and why to send a thank you letter
And, as always, you can get your own questions answered on the show by asking them in the College Info Geek Community, or by tweeting me.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Listen Money Matters
- Tom’s How to Adult Video on Breaking Bad Habits
- Tim Ferris: , , ,
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- The Best Way to Get a Job: The TAG Method – Charlie Hoehn
- Is an Unpaid Internship Worth It?
- Episode where we talk about love letter sites
- Episode where we talk about scheduling
- Here’s 5 things you should know about unpaid internships!
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: