Oh hey there. Apparently it’s 2018 today, so it’s time for all sorts of resolutions and whatnot.
In an attempt to help some of these live past February, we’re talking about the art of cooking — a fantastic foundation for anyone looking to bulk up, lose weight, save money, eat healthier, or just learn a new skill for parties.
Whatever delicacies you choose to make, remember to put them on Instagram. Without the proper filters, your body can’t absorb the nutrients.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Audible: Get a 30-day trial and a free audiobook download (that you can keep forever) at audible.com/cig or by texting “CIG” to 500-500.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
- , by Dr. Stuart Farrimond
- Dr. Stuart Farrimond’s website
- Jamie Oliver YouTube channel
- Jamie Oliver’s Dream School Knife Skills video
- , by Andy Weir
- Blue Apron
- , by Anthony Bourdain
- Anthony Bourdain
- Kitchn – How To Make Fruit Clafoutis
- Gordon Ramsay YouTube channel
- Alex French Guy Cooking YouTube channel
- Wranglerstar YouTube channel
- , by Gary Taubes
- Essentialism: How to Do More by Doing Less (Ep. 171)
- Tramontina 80116/007DS Gourmet Stainless Steel Fry Pan
- Cuisinart MCP22-30HCN MultiClad Pro Skillet
- EZ Tofu Press
- Evernote (iOS | Android)
- Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana
- Ukrainian Red Borscht Soup
- Gordon Ramsay’s Scrambled Eggs and Smoked Salmon Recipe video
- Eating Cheaply, Healthily, and Quickly (Ep. 103)
- Listen Money Matters
- Cheap Meals: Good Food On A Tight Budget
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:02:05 – Thoughts on juicing and nutrition
- 0:07:34 – Starting to cook and Martin’s vegan experience
- 0:14:45 – Making the cooking process less boring and more involved
- 0:21:02 – Beginner strategies to start cooking
- 0:32:10 – Sponsor: Audible (Listening to audiobooks)
- 0:35:27 – Examples of knives and how to maintain them
- 0:41:25 – The different types of pans and how to use them
- 0:54:22 – Other good tools to have and trying out recipes
- 1:03:27 – Planning your recipes and keeping everything organized
- 1:10:32 – Some additional cooking tips
- 1:17:16 – Recap and conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!
Here’s an image for sharing this episode on social media: