How do you congratulate a coworker on a new baby?
- “So happy for you two!
- “You two deserve every bit of happiness this baby is going to bring you.”
- “So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you…congratulations.”
- “Warmest congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!”
- “Love just got real.
- “Welcome to the world, little one!
How do you congratulate expecting parents?
- “So happy for you.”
- “Wishing all the best for you and your baby-to-be.”
- “Wishing you sweet times ahead…”
- “Can’t wait to meet baby!”
- “Your family is about to get even cuter.”
- “Blessings to baby and you.”
- “Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both you and baby.”
How do you congratulate someone?
Formal Exclamations to Congratulate Someone in English
- Congratulations! You deserve this success.
- Congratulations on your hard work.
- My sincere/heartfelt/warmest congratulations to you.
- I commend you on your accomplishments/success.
- Well done!
- That’s wonderful news.
How do you ask when a baby is born?
Tell your friends that you will message them straight away when baby is born. Ask them not to text you, to ask “how you are”, or “if baby has arrived” after your due date but maybe a “I’m nipping to the supermarket, do you want anything” text is fine.
What do you say to someone on their due date?
“You’re so strong! You’re doing such a great job growing that baby! You look amazing!” – Diane H. “Relax and remember your baby will come when it’s ready!” – Katie M….3 Things to Read Next
- Pregnancy Due Date Calculator.
- Why Doctors Change Due Dates.
- Why Your Due Date Is Great.
What not to say to a pregnant woman who is overdue?
Here are some examples of things people really need to stop saying to pregnant women who have gone past their due date.
- “You’re huge!”
- “Are you in labour yet?”
- “Have you tried _____?”
- “Enjoy your sleep now.”
- “I know someone who went __ days overdue!”
- “Trust me, you don’t want to get induced.”
When can you say that you are overdue?
Pregnancy normally lasts about 40 weeks (that’s around 280 days from the first day of your last period). Most women go into labour within a week either side of this date, but some women go overdue. If your labour doesn’t start by the time you are 41 weeks pregnant, it is considered to be overdue.
What do you say when your friend has a baby?
WHAT TO SAY. “May I hold the baby, if you’re comfortable with that?” Or, “Can I give you a break to ____? I’m happy to watch Baby for a little bit so you can shower/check email/nap.” Or, “I’m pretty nervous to touch or hold newborns, but please know I’m admiring him/her from afar! So cute.”
What causes babies to be overdue?
The reason why the baby is overdue is usually not known. Sometimes it is because of a genetic predisposition (hereditary). Women who have already had a baby that came much later than their due date are more likely to have an overdue baby in future pregnancies. Being born after the 40th week only rarely harms the child.
Do first time mums go overdue?
First time moms, if left alone to go into labor naturally tend to be pregnant for about 41 weeks and 1 day. Women who’ve had babies before tend to deliver around 40 weeks and 3 days. Only about 10% of women go longer than 42 weeks. That’s average.
How long do they let you go overdue NHS?
If you’re overdue Induction will be offered if you do not go into labour naturally by 42 weeks, as there will be a higher risk of stillbirth or problems for the baby.
Can I say no to induction?
Many women aren’t aware they can decline an induction if there is no medical reason (and even if there is, but that’s unlikely to happen). You can ask your care provider to check your baby’s health, and yours, until such time as labour begins spontaneously.
Are Overdue babies smarter?
FLORIDA (WIVB) — A new study says children born at 41 weeks may become smarter than those born at full term, which would be 39 or 40 weeks. The later babies scored better overall on tests in Florida than the full term kids.