How do scientists define life?
Life is defined as any system capable of performing functions such as eating, metabolizing, excreting, breathing, moving, growing, reproducing, and responding to external stimuli.
What is the scientific definition of alive?
Alive. 1. Having life, in opposition to dead; living; being in a state in which the organs perform their functions; as, an animal or a plant which is alive.
Why is it difficult to define life?
Why is life difficult to define? -Life is difficult to define because there are many properties that make up the definition of life not just one and withing each property there are sub properties. Describe the hierarchical organization of life.
What defines alive?
1 : having life : not dead or inanimate. 2a : still in existence, force, or operation : active kept hope alive. b : still active in competition with a chance of victory must win to stay alive in the playoffs. 3 : knowing or realizing the existence of something : sensitive alive to the danger.
What are the 7 characteristic of life?
Properties of Life. All living organisms share several key characteristics or functions: order, sensitivity or response to the environment, reproduction, growth and development, regulation, homeostasis, and energy processing. When viewed together, these characteristics serve to define life.
What is life one word?
We all know the meaning of life in a single word: survival. But that doesn’t make for an interesting question since the survival of every life became a social entitlement & human right, regardless of whether one wants to survive or expire.
Is death absence of life?
Answer Expert Verified Death is not an absence of life. The word death would make sense as just absence of existence but still considered a life that had to exist on Earth.
What is a fancy word for life?
What is another word for life?
What word rhymes with life?
What rhymes with life?
- 1 syllable. Strife. Knife. Wife. Strive. Drive. I’ve. Live. Dive.
- 2 syllables. M5. C5. Survive. Alive. Arrive. Housewife. Wildlife. Nightlife.
- 3 syllables. Afterlife. Herbalife. Overdrive. Paradise. Recognize. Otherwise. Sacrifice.
- 4 syllables. Apologize. Capitalize. Prioritize. Monopolize. Categorize.
- 5 syllables. Materialize.
Does alive rhyme with life?
Does strive rhyme with life?
What rhymes on high?
ai, aye, bae, bi, bligh, bly, blye, brye, buy, by, bye, cai, chae, chai, chi, chrie, craie, cry, crye, cy, dai, die, dry, drye, dye, eye, fae, fi, fly, flye, frei, fry, frye, fye, gae, guy, heye, heygh, hi, hsv-i, hy, hye, i, i., jai, kai, keye, kwai, lai, lcp fy, lie, ly, lye, mai, mei, my, nigh, nye, pae, phi, phy.
What rhymes crying?
ai, aye, bae, bi, bligh, bly, blye, brye, buy, by, bye, cai, chae, chai, chi, chrie, craie, crye, cy, dai, die, dry, drye, dye, eye, fae, fi, fly, flye, frei, fry, frye, fye, gae, guy, heye, heygh, hi, high, hsv-i, hy, hye, i, i., jai, kai, keye, kwai, lai, lcp fy, lie, ly, lye, mai, mei, my, nigh, nye, pae, phi, phy.
What Rhymes With fast?
Words That Rhyme With “Fast” :
- 1 syllable: assed, bast, blast, cast, caste, classed, gassed, gast, ghast, glassed, grassed, hast, last, massed, mast, Nast, passed, past, vast, wast.
- 2 syllables: aghast, amassed, avast, contrast, dismast, forepassed, harassed, miscast, outlast, precast, recast, repast, surpassed.
- 3 syllables:
What word rhymes with night?
What rhymes with be quiet?
What word rhymes with moon?
What rhymes with moon?
- 1 syllable. Soon. Tune. Noone. Spoon. Goon. June. Room. Doom. Boom. Whom.
- 2 syllables. Fortune. Immune. Cartoon. Balloon. Bedroom. Bathroom. Typhoon. Monsoon. Assume. Cocoon.
- 3 syllables. Afternoon. Honeymoon. Opportune. Saskatoon. Tablespoon. Continuin’ Autoimmune. Livingroom. Elbowroom. Want to find rhymes for another word?
What rhymes with alone?
What rhymes with alone?
- 1 syllable. Blown. Lone. Zone. Throne. Grown. Don’t. Known. Tone. Bone. Stone.
- 2 syllables. Unknown. Cologne. Condone. Malone. Stallone. Capone. Atone. Ramon. Raton.
- 3 syllables. Microphone. Telephone. Provolone. Standalone. Corazon. Monotone. Methadone. Silicone. Cortisone.
- 4 syllables. Testosterone.
- 5 syllables. Revolucion.
What word rhymes with hope?
Words That Rhyme With “Hope” :
- 1 syllable: cope, dope, grope, lope, mope, nope, pope, rope, scope, slope, soap, sope, stope, swope, tope, trope.
- 2 syllables: aslope, elope, unrope.
- 3 syllables: bronchoscope, interlope. About | Privacy | Words | Feedback. © 2021 RhymeDesk.com.
What word rhymes with depressed?
What rhymes with depressed?
- 1 syllable. Stressed. Dressed. Rest. West. Quest. Vest. Blessed. Breast. Messed. Best.
- 2 syllables. Invest. Impressed. Request. Expressed. Midwest. Repent. Distressed. Prevent. Except.
- 3 syllables. Represent. Unimpressed. Disrespect. Reinvest. Palimpsest. Reinvent. Misdirect. Apprehend. Condescend.
- 4 syllables. Admonishment.
What word rhymes with fear?
What is the opposite of feared?
The opposite of fear is curiosity, or trust, or courage, or calmness… Therefore, the opposite of fear is curiosity.”
What word rhymes with disappear?
What rhymes on away?
What rhymes with away?
- 1 syllable. Way. Ray. Pray. Spray. Stray. Yea. May. Grey. Lay. Play. Slay.
- 2 syllables. Sunday. Today. Someday. Astray. Monday. Subway. Convey. Runway. Fillet. Hurray.
- 3 syllables. Runaway. Getaway. Holiday. Faraway. Disarray. Castaway. Layaway. Vertebrae. Disobey. Hideaway.
- 4 syllables. Naivete. Mcconaughey. Cama. Salvadore. Cabriolet.
What rhymes with happy?
What rhymes with now?
Words That Rhyme With “Now” :
- 1 syllable: aue, Bao, bough, bow, brough, brow, chiao, chow, ciao, Clough, cow, dao, dhow, Dou, dow, fao, Frau, hao, hau, how, howe, jiao, jow, Kao, Lao, lough, Mao, plough, plow, pow, prau, prow, Rao, Sau, scow, shough, Tao, thau, thou, tsao, vow, waw, wow, Xiao, Yao, yow.
- 2 syllables:
- 3 syllables:
What word rhymes with warm?
Words That Rhyme With “Warm” :
- 1 syllable: corm, dorm, form, forme, norm, storm, swarm.
- 2 syllables: aswarm, conform, deform, enorm, inform, lukewarm, perform, preform, reform, transform.
- 3 syllables: disinform, misinform, preinform. About | Privacy | Words | Feedback. © 2021 RhymeDesk.com.
What rhymes with sunshine?
What rhymes with sunshine?
- 1 syllable. Shine. Sign. Spine. Wine. Nine. Fine. Line. Mine. Vine. Whine.
- 2 syllables. Combine. Punchline. Align. Devine. Assign. Refine. Consign. Husain. Confine.
- 3 syllables. Columbine. Frankenstein. Valentine. Palestine. Dopamine. Reassign. Asinine. Serpentine. Turpentine.
- 5 syllables. Methamphetamine.
- 6 syllables. Aol.
What word rhymes with feet?
What word rhymes with fire?