How can nurse-patient relationship be improved?
Keys to Improving Nurse-Patient Communication
- Always Put the Patient First. Putting patients first takes a shift of mind.
- Practice Active Listening. Active listening is an important part of communication and requires listening for the content, intent, and feeling of the speaker.
- Talk with Heart.
What are the phases of the therapeutic relationship?
In the practice, the therapeutic relationship can be described in terms of four sequential phases, each characterized by identifiable tasks and skills, and theses phases are: preinteraction phase, introduction phase, working phase, and termination phase (2+4+5).
What are 2 key elements of the therapeutic alliance?
According to the author, the therapeutic alliance consists of three essential elements: agreement on the goals of the treatment, agreement on the tasks, and the development of a personal bond made up of reciprocal positive feelings.
What are three major therapeutic factors that bring about change in clients?
They are listed below:
- Installation of hope.
- Imparting of information.
- The corrective recapitulation of the primary family group.
- Development of socialising techniques.
- Imitative Behaviour.
- Group Cohesiveness.
What are the seven stages of change?
The TTM posits that individuals move through six stages of change: precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, maintenance, and termination.
What are the stages of process?
The 3 Stages of Process Validation Explained
- The Three Stages of Process Validation.
- Stage 1 – Process Design.
- Stage 2 – Process Validation or Process Qualification.
- Stage 3 – Continued Process Verification.
- Final Thoughts.
What are the six steps of the strategic management process?
The six steps to the strategic planning process include:
- Identifying your strategic position.
- Gathering people and information.
- Performing a SWOT analysis.
- Formulating a strategic plan.
- Executing a strategic plan.
- Constantly monitoring performance.