We expect collaboration and participation from most of the Scottish universities that are members of the “The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance” (SICSA) which Heriot‐Watt University is a member and also includes: University of Edinburgh, University of St. Andrews, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, University of Strathclyde, just to name a few. We are also a member of the ERPem: Edinburgh Research Partnership (in Engineering and Mathematics) and the SIPR: Scottish Institute for Policing Research. Some Heriot‐Watt University’s strategic industrial alliances that could be potential sponsors for the event are listed below:
- AWE (Aldermaston).
- BAE Systems Surface Ships (Scotstoun).
- Renishaw (HWU Research Park).
- Cairn Energy (Edinburgh).
- Selex Galileo (Edinburgh).
- Taiwan Metal Industries.
- Baker Hughes (under negotiation).
- Joint Industry Projects with the major oil & gas production and service companies (Institute of Petroleum Engineering) – Total, Exxon Mobil, Chevron.
- Other partnerships: Rolls Royce, Schlumberger, Diagio, Balfour Beatty.